Call Toll-Free

Additional services for Persons with Developmental Disabilities

Alternative Living (AL) Services

Alternative Living (AL) Services are instructional services provided through DSHS’ Developmental Disability Administration by an individual contractor to DDA-eligible individuals.

The focus is on training to help the individual with a developmental disability to live as independently as possible and to maintain as much self-determination, personal power and choice in order to meet his or her own independent living needs.

Individuals may receive training in the following areas:

  • Community Living
  • Establishing a Residence
  • Health and Safety
  • Home Living
  • Protection and Advocacy
  • Social Activities

Learn more about DDA eligibility…

Supported Living Services

Supported Living services are available to some individuals receiving services through DSHS’ Developmental Disability Administration (DDA). This program offers instruction and support to eligible persons who live in their own homes in the community. Services may vary from a few hours per month up to 24 hours per day of one-to-one support. Clients pay for their own rent, food, and other personal expenses. DDA contracts with private agencies to provide Supported Living services.

How can I find out more?

To learn more about who provides Supported Living Services in your area, please check out the resources below:

Washington’s Community Living Connections staff are available to help you explore your options to meet your current needs or create a plan for the future.

Call Toll-Free