Call Toll-Free

Who Can Help?

Personal Assistance Services

If you are like most people, you want to remain independent and continue to live at home. With some help, most people can. In fact, getting help often increases your options for staying independent.

If you need help with such things as preparing meals, personal care (e.g. bathing, dressing), and housekeeping, there are several options for hiring help. You could hire a family member or friend as a caregiver. When family and friends are not enough, paid personal assistance services (caregivers) may be available.

Services may include assistance with:

  • Bathing, dressing and hygiene
  • Mobility and transfers
  • Getting to and from the bathroom
  • Housekeeping and laundry
  • Meal preparation or delivery (Meals on Wheels)
  • Eating assistance
  • Memory or confusion
  • Shopping and transportation
  • Medical equipment
  • Medications

Go to Hiring a Caregiver

Other Service Options to Consider with In-Home Care

  • Self-Directed Care allows an individual who is able to supervise and direct a paid home care worker and is physically unable to perform skilled nursing tasks themselves; to direct the paid worker to perform those tasks. Learn more...
  • Nurse Delegation allows paid in-home care workers to receive special authority to administer some medications or do some procedures that might otherwise require a family member or other medical professional to be present. Learn more...

Washington’s Community Living Connections staff are available to help you explore your options to meet your current needs or create a plan for the future.

Call Toll-Free